On Mother’s Day, I can’t make a fancy card. I can’t cook breakfast in bed. …Oh man, I could take over the world with opposable thumbs!
I can’t drag her to the park. …well, I can, but she won’t appreciate it.
I can’t make her a home made card with doilies, crayons, and scissors. …Thumbs! Thumbs!
But I have skills. Mad skills. I can:
- Wake her with the sound of pre-vomit heaving in the morning.
- Help her dig in the garden.
- Pre-clean the dishes in the dishwasher.
- Empty the garbage one tissue at a time while she’s gone.
- Get her out for a walk and turn it into a run.
- Sprinkle dog hair in her food.
- Share a snack in front of the TV. …using Jedi mind tricks.
- Keep her company during scary thunderstorms.
- Lure her to sleep on the couch.
- Never let her go to the bathroom by herself.
- Bring her dead carcass presents that I find in the yard. What? She likes homemade gifts!
- Love her unconditionally.
That last one really clinches it for me.
Did your dog give you something special yesterday?
Happy Mother’s Day to dog moms everywhere!